CounterSide Event Policy
1. Eligibility & Details of participation of events
- 1. Details of each event may be changed or suspended depending on the situation of Studiobside (hereinafter “the Company). Additional information will be provided on the corresponding event page, and this will not be notified separately.
- 2. If users cannot participate in the event due to reasons such as an individual's unstable network, we will not be responsible for the event, and no separate compensation will be paid
- 3. The Event is open to all participants. To participate, entrants need to have reached the age of majority in their province/territory of residence. The Event won’t be taking place in countries in which local laws prohibit or restrict such events.
- 4. Employees of the Company, or anyone involved with the Company or this event, are not allowed to participate.
- 5. Proof of identity may be necessary to participate in the event and it’ll be required by the Company. If the participant supplies untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate, or misleading personal information or information of any other kind, he/she may be disqualified.
2. Prize winning and conditions for winning
- The winner announcement as well as any information on the prizes will be posted through a website or any of our official communities.
- At the time of announcement, some information such as the email accounts and nicknames of the winners may be posted on the abovementioned website or official community.
- Only one account is allowed per event. Multiple accounts will not be accepted unless otherwise notified.
- The process of winner selection is as follows:
- Collection of necessary information to conclude that the participant has completed every step of the event.
- The following conditions will result in disqualification:
- Users who breach the Operation Policy and participate in the event through an unfair method.
- Winners of any other Counterside (hereinafter “the Game”) event in the past 3 months from the point of the Starting date of the Event (unless otherwise stated).
- Participants who are in regions where other publisher other than the Company is in that region of residence.
- Winners will be randomly selected.
- The winning process will be carried out confidentially.
- Cases under the following conditions may also result in disqualification:
- When entering an event using a fake account or another person’s information
- When entering an event through unfair methods (including stealing accounts/names, using bugs, exploiting and stealing another person’s posts, etc.)
- If the user deletes the Game account or the account has been permanently banned due to a violation of the Terms of Service or any other operating policies
- If the user has been restricted from playing the Game due to a violation of the operational policies
- If the event participant’s nickname is against the Terms of Service
- If the winner does not feel comfortable sharing his/her shipping information to receive the prizes or does not share it within the deadline
- If the winner does not provide his/her personal information to receive the prizes as well as to process paying taxes and public utility charges by the Company
- If the winner cannot be reached by the contact information provided, or if the event prize is returned due to absence or incorrect address
- If the event winner does not clearly answer whether he or she wants to claim his or her event prize
- If the information provided by the participant cannot be verified or is incorrect
- If the server region where the winner plays is not the same as the region of the address provided
- If the user has changed the nickname of during the participation of the event.
3. Conditions of participation
Participants agree that:
- that the Company and those involved with it, or this event will not be held liable for any injuries, losses or damages to anyone, including death, or property damage resulting from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prizes, or participation in this Event, as well as for any printing, production, typographical, human or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prizes.
- except where legally prohibited, each winner grants permission for the Company and those related to it or this event to use the winner’s personal information for advertising, trade and/or publicity purposes without additional compensation in any media, in perpetuity, in any manner, without notice, review or approval. The Company has the right to collect the user's information, as well as share and use it to distribute emails related to this event, giveaway, newsletters, and various other promotions. Participants also grant the Company permission to share that personal information with trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website and official communities, conducting our business, or servicing you, if those parties agree to keep this information confidential. The Company may also release your information if it is necessary to comply with the law.
4. Provision of prizes
- All prizes may be changed to other products of equal value without prior notice.
- The Company will not be responsible for any losses that may incur by participating in the event or using the prizes.
- Prizes cannot be transferred to another person, and the winner cannot request another prize instead of the one offered during the event.
- When it comes to the prizes, goods or services, the following will apply:
- The winner’s delivery information will be collected to deliver the prizes, goods or services and the winner’s consent must be obtained when receiving the package.
- Provision of accurate delivery information (name, contact information, etc.) for a smooth shipping process.
- The prize will be sent to the very last shipping address the user submitted before the deadline unless such information is incorrect, in which case the previously entered information will be used.
- Prizes, goods, or services will be delivered in bulk and in order after each winner is confirmed.
- If taxes, customs duties, and fees are imposed due to the price of the goods or international shipping, we will provide a guide on how to share a copy of your identification card and bank account number so that the amount of money can be paid.
- Winners shall pay the necessary taxes and public utilities’ charges and submit copies of their identification by following the above-mentioned guide. Even if the Company pays the taxes and public utilities’ charges, a copy of the participant's identification will still be needed.
- Shipping of the prizes may be delayed by internal or external circumstances. In such cases, please contact the customer center for inquiries.
- Taxes and fees:
- Taxes may be charged depending on the price of the goods and the local laws of the winner’s place of residence.
- Customs duties and fees may also have to be paid.
- For goods and items within the game, the following information will apply:
- The payment cannot be made to an empty account.
- Prizes cannot be given in duplicates, and only one account per server can receive the prize unless otherwise specified.
- Prizes may have restrictions on transactions, sales, and expiration dates. Items cannot be exchanged or replaced due to this reason.
- For more information on the items, please check the item description in the Game.
- If the prize has already been used, it cannot be replaced. However, it may be modified if it is considered necessary.
- Prizes will be sent through the in-game mailbox on the day following the announcement of the winners. However, if a different date has been specified on the event page, they will be sent on that specified date instead.
- The deadline for accepting the prizes may be limited depending on the event. In case of mailing event prizes, a limit of 30 days from delivery date will be applied, after which the prize will be deleted. You can check the deadline directly on the event page or the in-game mailbox.
- The personal information collected from the winners, such as their name and contact information, will be destroyed after the prizes have been received by the participants. However, this may not apply if the personal information must be retained following relevant laws and regulations.
- When announcing the winners, some personal information (including nicknames, and email accounts) may be posted on our website and other official communities.
Each participant agrees to not hold the Released Parties accountable for any loss, harm, damage, cost, or expense arising from:
- the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize,
- their participation in the Event,
- any violation of the Event Rules,
- any Prize-related activity,
- the use, modification, adaptation, or lack thereof, of the Submission by the Company,
- any and all claims that participants may have based on “moral rights”, or unfair competition related to the Company's use of the Submissions, or
- any third-party personal or intellectual property rights infringement of the Submission, including copyrights, trademarks, publicity, or privacy rights.
If any part of these Event Rules is deemed to be illegal or unenforceable under applicable law, such provisions will be excluded from these Event Rules and the remaining provisions shall still be valid. If Studiobside fails to enforce any of these Event Rules, it shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. CounterSide Global, Studiobside, and other related trademarks and logos belong to Studiobside. All rights reserved.
For more information regarding these Event Rules, e-mail us at [email protected]
The changes made on Event Policy shall enter into force from August 11, 2022